Subsequent to Sen. Hillary Clinton’s (D-NY) speaking appearance at the Kaiser Family Foundation Presidential Candidate Forums, Rep. Dennis Kucinich (D-Ohio) took the opportunity on Thursday to reveal his health care plan.
Coverage of the event
- Listen to the podcast
- Watch the video
- A transcript is not yet available, but the Health Care 08 Web site will have it soon
What he said
- Under the Kucinich plan, the government is the single payor
- The plan will be financed by in part by payroll taxes, as well as by ending the war in Iraq and cutting spending on “the Pentagon”
- Patients would be able to choose their own doctors
- The system would be simplified through bypassing insurance companies; patients would simply sign a form and see their doctor
Next to speak
On Wed., Oct. 31, Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) will speak for the same forum at 11:30 a.m. EST.